Some top tips to help get recruitment-and-retention-ready for UNISON’s Go for Growth campaign in November.
1. Order/refresh your recruitment materials from our online catalogue.
2. Spring clean your branch noticeboard, social media channels and website.
3. Use this new campaign hub when out recruiting – the home page works great on an iPad with quick links to the join form and Easy Joiner.
4. Understand your branch – have you mapped where non-members work or where you have visited recently?
5. Reach out with an event – a picnic, a stall in the canteen, cupcakes or a social. Don’t forget to promote it social media and share your pictures! Use the hashtags #GoForGrowth and #JoinUnison
6. Go walkabout! Whether it’s a night-walk around the wards on a hospital or a breakfast session with refuse collectors, why not make a special effort to be where your members are when they are working? Say hello to current members and try and recruit some new ones. Read up on why re
7. Want to organise a local recruit-a-friend competition? You can use EasyJoiner and we’ll help you see all the data you need to pick a winner.
8. Promote our great new offers and deals to your members. There’s a downloadable flyer and graphics and text you could use in branch emails. It’s a way of saying thank you to our current members.
9. Check out our 16 reasons people give for not joining the union, and how to overcome them!
10. Share the love – let us know what’s working for you so other branches can learn from your successes.